Monday, March 9, 2009

This is an ad that I found on Google while looking for ads with the 'less is more' approach. The ad is attempting to get people to change from ordinary light bulbs to the energy efficient light bulbs. The design is extremely simplistic, but very cleverly done to create an image that can be interpreted as both a hangman's noose and a light bulb. It's a very effective design and cleverly made. The text is straight to the point, though perhaps not entirely true.... (can we really save the environment just by changing our light bulbs???) I like the piece because of how simple and clever it is at the same time. I feel the black is a way of trying to convey a seriousness about the underlying issue (the environment) and of course, the hangman's noose does this as well.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the many things that we need to do, to save the environment! It may not seem like a lot but i think it will help! I like the way the ad uses simple geometric shapes to convey a light bulb, and of course a noose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit of an ominous light bulb. I thought it was an ad for a suicide hotline.

    ReplyDelete